Beto for Texas is hiring Student Fellows for the 2018 election cycle.
As a Student Fellow, your mission will be to build an on-campus voter registration and turnout program. You’ll recruit and train student volunteers to run voter registration events, run phone banks, host organizing meetings, and even help your campus to get an early voting location.
This position reports to a Campus Field Organizer.
- Organizing student volunteers to lead registration events, tabling, clipboarding, and outreach to professors and student groups.
- Identifying student voter registrars or registrars in your community who can help register students on campus.
- Regularly hosting organizing meetings to recruit student volunteers and partner with other student groups.
- Recruiting and training students to host their own canvassing and phone banking events, post their events at map.betofortexas.com, and access campaign training resources.
- Recruiting, training and supervising students to support the campaign’s ongoing voter contact and Get Out The Vote program.
- Meticulous daily reporting.
While we encourage everyone who is interested to apply, great candidates will:
- Believe in volunteer leadership. Volunteers are at the center of everything we do, and everything you do will contribute to developing volunteer leadership.
- Be committed to improving our state and our futures by electing Beto to Senate.
This position does NOT require previous work experience being employed by a political campaign.
All candidates must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university in Texas.
- Be available to work through November 6th.
This position is available as a 20, 30, or 40 hour per week commitment.
Salary for this position is $300 per week for the 20 hour per week commitment, $450 per week for the 30 hour per week commitment, and $600 per week for the 40 hour per week commitment.
- Lone Star College System
- Texas A & M College Station
- Houston Community College
- Tarrant County College District
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Houston
- Austin Community College District
- Texas State University
- University of North Texas
- Texas Tech University
- South Texas College
- Collin County Community College District
- El Paso Community College
- San Jacinto Community College
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- Sam Houston State University
- Baylor University
- Texas Woman’s University
- University of Houston Downtown
- Texas A & M University Corpus Christi
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas Christian University
- Texas Southern University
- Prairie View A & M University
- Rice University
- St. Edward’s University
- Wiley College
- Huston-Tillotson University
- Paul Quinn College
- Del Mar College – Corpus
- Texas A & M Kingsville
- Trinity University
- Northeast Lakeview College
- Northwest Vista College
- Palo Alto College
- San Antonio College
- St. Philip’s College
- Jarvis Christian College
- Texas College
- Tyler Junior College
- Dallas County Community College District
join the campaign
Make a Donation
No PACs—just people. Our campaign doesn’t take a dime from PACs or special interest groups, so your donations really do matter. Chip in today to power our grassroots campaign for U.S. Senate.