Beto for Texas is hiring distributed organizers for the 2018 election cycle.
As a distributed organizer, your mission will be to assemble and support massive teams of remote volunteers whose function will be to build our grassroots voter contact program.
This is not a standard campaign organizer job. You will not be assigned a geographic region to organize, but instead will focus on building statewide volunteer teams that use key productivity and voter contact technologies to meet campaign-wide voter contact goals. You may not have a campaign office to work out of. You’ll use Slack and Google Apps as much as you use VAN.
The Distributed Organizing team works closely with the Field Organizing team to accomplish voter contact goals. Although a lot of our work to organize remote volunteers takes place online, our organizing does not exclusively exist in online spaces. Each distributed organizer will be expected to work on traditional organizing tasks such as leading canvasses & phonebanks, hosting organizing meetings, and even opening volunteer-run campaign offices, as needed.
This position reports to a Distributed Organizing Manager.
- Developing and implementing plans to build volunteer-run programs to function at a scale as large as Texas; regularly assessing whether these programs are adequately contributing to our teamwide voter contact goals and proposing improvements to meet these goals, as needed.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising statewide teams of volunteers who remotely support the voter contact program.
- Building written, audio, and visual volunteer training materials and leading webinar-based volunteer trainings.
- Becoming a super user of key productivity (Google Apps, Slack, Maestro, etc.) and voter contact (Relay, LiveVox, VAN) technologies and patiently teaching volunteers to use them.
- Building organized systems for tracking both volunteer activity & engagement and the overall contributions of your volunteer teams to our team-wide voter contact goals.
- Meticulous daily reporting.
While we encourage everyone who is interested to apply, great candidates will:
- Believe in volunteer leadership. Volunteers are at the center of everything we do, and everything you do will contribute to developing volunteer leadership.
- Have experience volunteering as a field or online organizer on a political campaign.
This position does NOT require a college degree or previous work experience being employed by a political campaign.
All candidates must:
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and an automobile for business use.
- Live in or be willing to relocate to Texas.
- Expect to regularly work evening and weekend hours.
- Be available to work through November 6th.
- Be proficient in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Forms) and demonstrate an ability to learn and excel on new tech platforms quickly.
- Be willing to take initiative and propose solutions for tackling tough organizing challenges, evaluate outcomes, and adapt your approach if it isn’t working to optimize toward achieving our goals.
Salary for this position is $3,250/month, plus a $250/month travel stipend and a $25/month cell phone stipend. We offer a competitive benefits package.
join the campaign
Make a Donation
No PACs—just people. Our campaign doesn’t take a dime from PACs or special interest groups, so your donations really do matter. Chip in today to power our grassroots campaign for U.S. Senate.