Beto for Texas is hiring Data Managers for the 2018 election cycle.
As a Data Manager, you will work closely with the Data Director to support the campaign team by managing day-to-day data and voter file operations, administering a comprehensive data training and support program, and developing reporting to help maximize efficiency and drive the field program.
Data Managers are responsible for both long-term ongoing projects and short-term assignments.
This position reports to the Data Director.
- Assist with management of day-to-day data and voter file operations
- Provide timely and relevant analysis of data
- Generate reports and visualizations
- Generate target universes for the purpose of voter contact
- Support other data team projects as necessary
- Strong Excel and SQL skills to analyze and present data in a clear, effective, and succinct manner
- Experience working with large data sets and managing multiple requests for information
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to a wide audience in a clear, succinct manner
- Experience with data visualization and presentation
- At least one cycle of experience working in a campaign environment, preferably in data or field
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, creative problem-solving, and communication skills
Ideal applicants will also already possess one or more of the following skills, and all applicants should plan on developing these skills during the 2018 cycle:
- Proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder as both a user and an administrator
- Proficiency with Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other data visualization tools
- Experience with report automation
- Experience with person matching
- Experience with GIS software such as QGIS
All candidates must:
- Live in or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX through the end of the 2018 cycle (supporter housing is available if desired)
- Expect to regularly work evening and weekend hours.
This position does NOT require a college degree.
Salary for this position is $3,750/month. We offer a competitive benefits package.
join the campaign
Make a Donation
No PACs—just people. Our campaign doesn’t take a dime from PACs or special interest groups, so your donations really do matter. Chip in today to power our grassroots campaign for U.S. Senate.