Beto believes we need an economy that works for everyone. That means achieving a tax code that is written for working people and families, not just corporations and the wealthiest Americans.
Beto believes we need a tax system that:
- Reflects our values by investing in people and communities over special interests.
- Includes real tax relief for working Texans, like strengthening the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- Supports small business owners through targeted tax relief.
- Ensures the wealthiest Americans and corporations pay their fair share.
- Uses our tax code to address our national debt responsibly.
- Beto voted against a tax bill that was projected to add two trillion dollars to the debt.
- Beto has advocated for tax reform that benefits the middle and working class and makes investments in our communities.
- Beto cosponsored legislation that would create tax incentives for investments in low-income urban and rural communities.
- Beto voted for an amendment to prevent companies that move to offshore tax havens from getting government contracts.